Saturday, January 16, 2010

book club!

It has been too long since my last post...but I did go figure skating this past Wednesday! It was a pretty crowded public session at Newbridge Arena in Bellmore, but it felt great to be back on the ice again! I had to get my skates sharpened, and I was scolded for them being so dull. Um hello, not the best way to do business! The most advanced stuff I did was some footwork and a waltz jump. I really have to go to a less crowded public session at Cantiague during the week to try my jumps and spins. I predict my jumps through Flip will be good but my spins will suck as always, lol.

Last night my friends and I had the first meeting of our book club! It was a success. We read "Have a Little Faith," the newest work by Mitch Albom. We enjoyed wine, champagne, and appetizers while getting to know each other before we started discussing the book. I think next time we need to focus a little more on the book discussion, but it was a good way to start the club! For our next meeting, we are going to read Nicholas Sparks' "Dear John," and then go and see the movie with CHANNING TATUM! haha...I'm excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment