Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I wanted to wish my followers a very Merry Christmas (all 2 or 3 of you)! I have had a very nice day so far with time spent with family, church, a nap, a wonderful ham dinner and dessert. I was just playing some Christmas music on the piano before I sat down at the computer, and I am going to play some flute music for the family later. Santa was very good to me this year...my favorite gift is the diamond earrings that I helped pick out!! They are gorgeous.

I wanted to share with you a poem from the book by Tasha Tudor called "Take Joy! Songs, Stories, Poems, Things to do for a Family Christmas." It is attributed to Fra Giovanni in A.D. 1513.
"I salute you! There is nothing I can give you which you have not, but there is much, that, while I cannot give, you can take.
No heaven can come to us unless our hearts find rest in it today. Take Heaven.
No peace lies in the future which is not hidden in this present instant. Take Peace.
The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet, within our reach, is joy. Take Joy.
And so, at this Christmas time, I greet you, with the prayer that for you, now and forever, the day breaks and the shadows flee away."

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem! As all the great mystics and wise souls have affirmed over the centuries: "Heaven is now." The challenge is not to miss it. Willa Cather said something like this: The road is all, the end nothing. Or, the old pilgrims' prayer: "I am the journey and the journey's end."

    Clare

    ReplyDelete